Friday, March 4, 2011

Day 20: Pistachio Dacquoise

An interesting cake from a few weeks ago was the pistachio dacquoise.  It was very hard to make and nothing special to the taste.  It was a dacquoise base made from ground almonds, powdered sugar, pistachio paste and meringue.  It was layered with pistachio cream, berries, and a crisping layer that was heated to, again, resemble creme brulee.  It was certainly not my favorite, but it turned out alright.

My Pistachio Daquoise
Until next time Au Revoir and Bon Appetit!

1 comment:

  1. It is a shame you did not like the taste so much--my absolute favorite ice cream is Pistachio. I have never seen pistachio paste. I am going to look for it---I have made plenty of pastry with almond paste. Still love your blog, even though I have been behind keeping up with it too!!

    ReplyDelete