Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Day 11: Bavarois aux Trois Chocolats

Whilst I have been baking up a storm in Paris I have yet to become really great friends with any of the cuisine students.  Luckily, my friend Andrew, who is here working on his dissertation for his PhD in Art History is an amazing cook.  So, we've taken to having lovely dinners together at least once a week.  He cooks the meal and I (or my friend Maggie) make the dessert.  It works out very well.

A few Saturdays back he cooked a delicious meal for us.  We started with a beautifully plated red beet and carrot salad and then had a delicious beef roast with potatoes and chanterelle mushrooms.  It was delicious.  Maggie had her practical class that day and brought over the Bavarian Triple Chocolate Mousse Cake that I then made the following Monday.  Everything about the meal was fantastic including the company!

Beet and Carrot Salad

Dinner

The layers of my Mousse Cake

My swirly white chocolate design

The mousse cake was assembled in a round cake ring lined with a thick plastic.  The base was a dark chocolate mousse followed by a milk chocolate mousse, followed by a white chocolate mousse, and topped with a dark chocolate glaze.  We used white chocolate to add a design to the top of the cake.  I'm still working on my writing/decorating skills, but I do think I'm getting better by the day.  Also, now that I'm a pro at making my own triple mousse cake I'll never need to go to Filomena again...oh but what about the veal pizza?

Until next time Au Revoir and Bon Appetit!

1 comment: