Thursday, February 3, 2011

Day 8: Macaroons

Could Macaroons be the next Cupcakes?  I think I may need to come home and open a macaroon shop because mine turned our really great!  They can be made in any flavor, color, or size that you like and can be eaten with your hands, what could be better?  In our macaroon class we made raspberry macaroons with a light anise flavored cream and had to plate them like a restaurant dessert as part of our grade.  I am not a fan of anise flavoring which is one of the reasons I do not like the italian cookies my aunts make every year for Christmas, but these were amazing.  The raspberry flavor mixed with only a touch of anise made the dessert as a whole something to die for!  I was very pleased with my macaroons and even more proud of my plating/decorating ability.  I think I could totally work as a pastry chef in restaurant.

My Macaroons


Until next time Au Revoir and Bon Appetit!

4 comments:

  1. I want to hang a picture of that in my house! so pretty! And, I think you are on to something, macaroon may be the next craze. I've seen them popping up all over the place!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jen there is a cool new macaroon shop in charleston!!! Andy's afavorite!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you definately should come home and open a macaroon shop!

    ReplyDelete