Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Intermediate Pastry is OVER!!!

The last day of Intermediate Pastry was technically March 14th when I completed my exam at 8:30pm, but I had my last demonstration class on March 11th attended by my two visitors Suzanne and Taylor Jackson.  They were in Paris from March 7th to the 11th and we had a great time.  They were fortunate to be in town for the last demonstration class of Intermediate Pastry.  Our Chef, lovely as he is, told us how disappointed he was by our inferior performance in Intermediate and wished us luck in Superior starting on March 22nd.  He then made a delicious Millefeuille which was served with Champagne.

Chef Deguignet's Millefeuille

A piece of beautifully plated Millefeuille
This Millefeuille was made out of layers of praline mousse cream and puff pastry.  While it is traditionally a dessert and made of cream and puff pastry it is now being served in fancy restaurants made out of layers of anything you can think of.  Layers range from anything as savory as a vegetable puree and slice of cucumber or zucchini to sliced apples with cheese layered in between them.

My exam for Intermediate Pastry went well, but not as well as my exam for Basic.  In any case I passed the class to go on to Superior, but I didn't break any records or show up in the top 5 this term.  For my exam I made a Triple Chocolate Bavarian Mousse Cake and I had to write "Opera" in chocolate as it would be on top of an Opera Cake.  I definitely improved with my chocolate writing at least!

My Opera from January


My Opera writing for the exam

My Triple Chocolate Bavarian Mousse Cake for the exam

My Exam

Until next time Au Revoir and Bon Appetit!

1 comment:

  1. wow! I love seeing all of your progress! The things you made for your exam are beautiful! Congrats lady!

    ReplyDelete