Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Superior Begins: Lesson 1 Rum Baba

For those of you that don't know, one of my favorite things about going to the Cayman Islands always used to be getting those packaged rum cakes.  Not sure why, but they sold them everywhere and I loved them!  This cake was called a Baba with Aged Rum and was flavored with rum just like the old rum cake, but even better because it was filled with cream.  Delicious, if you like that sort of thing, which I do.  I was so excited about my Baba that I completely forgot to take a picture of it.  This is a picture of the Chef's Baba decorated with fresh raspberries dipped in powdered sugar and a dried vanilla bean pod sticking out of the top.  A good start even though I forgot to take a picture.

Chef Deguignet's Baba Au Vieux Rhum

Until next time Au Revoir and Bon Appetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment