Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Lesson 4 Chocolate and Pistachio Surprise

Amazing!  This is one of my favorites from Superior so far and I wouldn't even have said I liked pistachio flavored cakes before.  This thing was terrific.  The top and bottom cake layers were made of macaroon batter so it was like eating a huge chocolate pistachio macaroon with pistachio filling.  The chocolate mousse cream was piped along the outside to create a dam and the thinner pistachio cream was piped inside.  The pistachio was topped with more chocolate mousse and then another macaroon cake.  My April 1st visitors Laurie and Maribeth tasted it for breakfast the day they arrived and it was still good days later after they left.  The decorations on top are poached apricots, red currants, some caramelized sugar, and a dried vanilla bean pod.

My Chocolate Pistachio Macaroon Mousse Cake

Until next time Au Revoir and Bon Appetit!

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE PISTACHIO!!! Never had paste before---did you make it or was it prepared to use?

    ReplyDelete