Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Lesson 2 Tarte Creole

The second day of Superior we made Creole Tarts.  They were very tasty because they were covered with Italian Meringue.  I've decided I like anything covered with italian meringue.  It's like marshmallow fluff and when it's fired with a torch it is literally like eating a marshmallow fresh from a stick at Prince William Forest without having to actually be in the forest.  Speaking of which, I feel an incredible post coming on soon, as I may be going camping this weekend.  Keep your fingers crossed for me!  Oh and a little more detail about the cake.  It is a pie crust filled with coconut cream and topped with italian meringue.  The meringue has been fired with a torch and then topped (creatively if I do say so myself) with chopped up pineapple soaked with rum and some leftover pineapple leaves.  Lovely!

My Tarte Creole

Tarts from my class

Until next time Au Revoir and Bon Appetit!

1 comment: