Monday, December 6, 2010

Day 15: Queen of Tarts

Thursday was a really fun day!  We learned to make Tarts.  Our Chef demonstrated how to make chocolate tarts, orange tarts, lemon tarts, and raspberry tarts, but for our practical class we only made chocolate tarts and orange tarts.  Both were really good, but would have looked much prettier with more filling.





Our Chef's Assorted Tarts

My friend Lydia was the Queen of Tarts for sure.  Her tart shells were flawless.  They had perfect edges and were cooked just right and her filling was smooth and glassy.  My tarts tasted very good, but were nothing in comparison to Lydia's.  I'll definitely have to work on my aesthetics next time.

Two of My Chocolate Tarts and One of My Orange Tarts

As for tart making at home, I'd definitely recommend this activity.  The tarts can be decorated to look absolutely gorgeous, but they are also one of the few desserts that taste as good as they look.  Plus, along with petits fours I think tarts are fun to make and something everyone can master.

Until next time Au Revoir and Bon Appetit!

1 comment:

  1. I don't know-I think your tarts look pretty damn good!! It's freezing here Jen-miss you!!

    ReplyDelete