Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Pastry School Nightmares

You know that dream, or rather nightmare, where you are going to the final exam for a class in college and you show up to take the test and can't find the room?  Well, let me tell you what a pastry school nightmare is like, as I've just woken up from one.  I was dreaming that I was running late for class and when I finally got into the kitchen our assignment was to bring a pot of water to a boil and then add sugar.  As everyone began moving around and filling their pots with water I realized I didn't have a pot!  I frantically opened every cabinet and drawer and could not find a pot anywhere.  Then I started going to other kitchens and finally got a pot, but when I was on my way back to my class I realized I didn't have my kitchen uniform on!  Disaster!

Anyway, I think this dream means I am in baking withdrawal.  I plan to begin the baking today and make at least one item today, tomorrow, and Friday.  I know I'll be making eclairs today and some form of puffed pastry tomorrow so anyone that wants to stop by for a visit or a sweet is welcome.  Call or email me for the appropriate time to visit and I'll look forward to seeing you then!  I'll also be posting pictures of my creations so we can compare the product from a home oven versus the product from an  industrial oven.  Hope everyone is enjoying the holiday season.  Merry Christmas!

Until next time Au Revoir and Bon Appetit!

2 comments:

  1. Aw, I wish I was closer to you so I could come visit and try some of your work!! Can't wait to see the pictures!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will look forward to more posts from French Confection in your next session. Good Luck!

    Pam

    ReplyDelete