Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Day 20: Cuisine

Wednesday, since we only had one demonstration class, my friend Maggie and I decided to sit in on a demonstration class for the Basic Cuisine program.  The cuisine class was not the same as the pastry class at all.  There was a lot of stuff going on everywhere.  The chef was simultaneously preparing four dishes at the same time.  We learned to make Parisian-Style Gnocci in a Bechamel sauce, Chicken Saute with Tarragon, Roasted Italian Vegetables, and Poached Apples on Brioche Toast with Italian Meringue and Raspberry Coulis.

Paris Style Gnocchi

Tarragon Chicken and Roasted Vegetables

Poached Apples with Meringue


Everything the chef prepared looked beautiful and tasted delicious!

As I'm sure you've all heard Europe, and specifically Paris, has had a lot more snow this winter than usual.  Since I was at school until 6:30pm on Wednesday I was a little surprised to find A LOT of snow on the ground when I came out.  I took this picture of L'Hotel National des Invalides on my walk home.  Les Invalides is a series of buildings that house museums and monuments all pertaining to the military history of France.  This building is a few blocks from my apartment and on the way to the Metro so I pass by it a few times everyday.



Until next time Au Revoir and Bon Appetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment