Thursday, December 16, 2010

Day 26: Graduation Celebration!

I am officially a graduate of Basic Pastry!  Yea!  As some of you may know I was under the impression that the school recognizes the top three graduates in each program.  Since I was certain I was not going to finish as one of the top three students then my only goal was to pass the class so I could continue on with Intermediate Pastry in January.  However, it turns out I was wrong and that the school actually recognizes the top five graduates from each class.  My good friend Lydia was number 1 for all of Basic Pastry and my good friend Josephine was number 2.  Another girl from our group was number 3 and a girl from another group was number 4, but you'll never guess who number 5 was...Me!

So, to all of you who have been following my blog or encouraging me over these past five weeks or even encouraging me to pursue this passion for the last few years I need to say thank you.  I would not be in pastry school, I would not be in Paris, and I would not have been dedicated enough to show up at school every day rain, snow, or shine without your support.  

After the graduation ceremony we had a reception including champagne, small bites, and petit desserts prepared by our chefs.  We had a great time and took a lot of pictures.  Here are some of the pictures from our day.

Our Main Demonstration Room

Josephine, Naama, Lydia, Maggie, Me, and Esther

Group A Gals-Lydia, Maggie, Me, and Josephine

Josephine, Maggie, and the desserts as usual!

Until next time (which may be a few weeks) Au Revoir and Bon Appetit!

6 comments:

  1. Congratulations on being in the top 5 in your program!!! That is such a great accomplishment and you should be so proud of yourself. After I tasted that first tarte aux pommes and saw that first marizpan rose on your dacquoise I knew you were going to do great! It sounds like you have really found your calling and it is great to hear you've had such success in your first 5 weeks. I can't wait for you to learn more techniques in your next two classes! Have a safe flight tomorrow and we are looking forward to seeing you this weekend. Congratulations on a successful Beginning Pastry Class!!!

    Love,
    Greg

    ReplyDelete
  2. YEH FIFI!!!! Congrats - You've worked so hard and with such grace! I am really proud of your perseverance and independence. . .you have adapted to a new country's language and practices, rose to the challenges of a very intense program and you have done it all without an oven or a single coat of nail polish! Cheers to you lady!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! You've done so well and I'm so excited for you. Can't wait to start tasting all these things you've learned to make!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations!!!!
    I've loved reading this and the pictures of your finished products have looked far more than "basic pastry" to me.

    I look forward to more adventures from Paris.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jennifer -- I've really enjoyed reading your blog and salivating over all the photos. I am very impressed with your accomplishments in such a short time, and it's so wonderful that you have found your passion. You also look very happy in the photos. Keep up the good work, and I can't wait to see you when we are visiting Laurie and Tom and you are back home. Pam

    ReplyDelete